Come celebrate summer!
Day Camp 2019
We are so excited for your child to be a part of our camps this summer! We are running 11 weeks of Day Camp from May 28 to August 9, 2019:
- Li'l Chargers Day Camp for rising PreK through 1st grade students
- Chargers Day Camp for rising 2nd through 8th grade students (NEW! Now including 6th-8th graders!)
The Day Camp program offers physical, artistic, scientific, and creative activities each day. Join us in themed activities, crafts, crazy dress-up days. There will even be a few surprise visitors! Our theme weeks will be announced soon!
|Times||3 Days/Week||5 Days/Week|
|Day Camp||9:00 AM–4:00 PM||$135||$175|
|*1/2 Day CCS Day Camp Add-on||Before (9:00-12:00) or After (1:00-4:00) Specialty Camp||N/A||+$50|
|Before Camp Care||7:30–9:00 AM||+$18||+$30|
|After Camp Care||4:00–6:00 PM||+$18||+$30|
*1/2 day add-on is only available with purchase of a Specialty Camp
NOTE: No refunds will be issued after the session has started. All cancellation and refund requests must be made by email or in writing. After May 1, a $30 cancellation fee will apply to each camp week.
Our Day Camp instructors and staff are Chattanooga Christian employees, college, nursing, and master's degree students, in addition to high school students from CCS. All of our staff have passed a national background check, and are current in their CPR and First Aid training. Our enthusaiastic and caring staff are looking forward to a great summer of caring for your child and making this a summer they'll always remember!
This additional service is available to all our campers as an added convenience. Before Camp Care is scheduled 7:30–9:00 AM, and After Camp Care is 4:00–6:00 PM. We do not provide care before 7:30 AM or after 6:00 PM. These are flat rates and do not vary upon arrival and departure time. All camps will pick up and drop off at the Lower School. Parents will walk their camper in on the first day of the week to check them in. Parents will be given a pick-up card for their camper; this card should be displayed in the window of the car during pick-up. After the first day, parents do not need to walk their camper in. Parents may drop off up to 15 minutes before the start of a camp unless they choose to add on Before or After Camp Care.
Any child dropped off earlier than 8:45 AM will be sent to Before Camp Care and charged $6 a day. Any child not picked up by 4:15 PM will be sent to After Camp Care and charged $6 a day. This policy will be enforced. Campers in a specialty camp may be dropped off up to 15 minutes before their camp's start time.
- Please properly mark all articles of clothing, lunch boxes, and water bottles.
- Please send a bathing suit and towel each day. Your child will receive a drawstring bag if they are participating in the Day Camp, so please feel free to bring that every day.
- If your child is more comfortable in a rash guard shirt, or if girls would like to bring a swimsuit cover up, please feel free to send them. Swimsuits need to be one-piece or tankini style–please no two-piece or bikini swimsuits.
- Please send your child in waterproof sandals (something like Chacos, Keens, or Tevas) so they can participate in water and athletic activities.
- Please send your child in sunscreen. We will only apply sunscreen if you marked "yes" on your registration.
- Please send a labelled bottle of sunscreen with your child. We can also keep the sunscreen with us if your child is attending for multiple weeks, and return it at the end of the summer.
- Please send a towel/blanket for rest time. Older students may also bring a book or quiet activity for rest time. No electronics, please.
Lunch and Snacks
Please send a lunch with your child every day. We do have the facilities to refrigerate, and we have microwaves to heat up lunches.
We will provide plenty of time to eat lunch and hydrate during the day. We will provide a healthy snack (and most likely, a popsicle!) each day. However, if you feel that your child will require additional snacks, please provide them. Children are not allowed to use the vending machines to purchase sodas and candy bars, so please do not send money with your child.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
With the exception of Before Camp and After Camp Care, you must join the carpool line in the morning and afternoon. Our campus is very secure throughout the day, and all the exterior doors will be locked. Please enter the half-circle driveway in front of the Lower School. Campers will be dropped off and picked up at the Lower School. You will receive a camp carpool paper to place in your windshield when you pick up. A staff member will be available to direct your camper where they need to go. Our staff will be ready to take your child to the proper group.
- If your child is being picked up by someone other than you, please make sure that person is on the authorized pick-up list or has the carpool paper.
- Any child not picked up by the end of carpool (by 4:15 PM) will be sent to After Camp Care, and the parent will be charged for that service.
- Your child must be signed out any time he/she is picked up earlier than 4:00 PM.
We have various camps and events happening on our campus throughout the summer. The Summer Programs department will be available May 28 through August 9 from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday, except for the day of July 4.
Direct Summer Camp Phone: 423.664.1250
Summer Camp Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or concerns throughout the summer. We are praying for a safe and fun summer camp experience.