Come celebrate summer!
Chargers Day Camp 2017
We are so excited for your child to be a part of our camps this summer! We are running 8 weeks of Day Camp from June 5 to July 28, 2017:
- Little Chargers Program for rising PreK and Kindergarten students
- Chargers Day Camp for rising 1st through 5th grade students
The Chargers Day Camp program will consist of physical, artistic, scientific, and creative activities each day. Activities will vary from week to week. We are planning both outdoor and indoor field trips, but they are subject to change due to weather.
|Time||Cost: 3 Days/Week||Cost: 5 Days/Week|
|Day Camp||9:00 AM–4:00 PM||$115||$150|
|Before Camp Care||7:45 AM–9:00 AM||$15||$25|
|After Camp Care||4:00 PM–5:45 PM||$15||$25|
*NOTE: No refunds will be issued after the session has started. All cancellation and refund requests must be made by email or in writing. After May 1, a $30 cancellation fee will apply to each camp week.
Our Chargers Day Camp instructors and staff are Chattanooga Christian employees, college, nursing, and master's degree students, in addition to high school students from CCS. All of our staff have passed a national background test, and are current in their CPR and First Aid training. Our enthusaiastic and caring staff are looking forward to a great summer of caring for your child and making this a summer they'll always remember!
This additional service is available to all our campers as an added convenience. Morning care is scheduled from 7:45–9:00 AM and After Camp Care is from 4:00–5:45 PM. We do not provide care before 7:45 AM or after 5:45 PM. These are flat rates and do not vary upon arrival and departure time. Please enter through the Lower School to drop off and pick up your child. If there is space, you can park in the half-circle driveway, before 9:00 AM and after 4:15 PM. Please assure cars are able to get around you.
Any child dropped off earlier than 9:00 AM will be sent to Before Camp Care and charged $6 a day. Any child not picked up by 4:00 PM will be sent to After Camp Care and charged $6 a day. This policy will be enforced.
- Please properly mark all articles of clothing, lunch boxes, and water bottles.
- Please send a bathing suit and towel each day. Your child will receive a drawstring bag if they are participating in the Day Camp, so please feel free to bring that every day.
- Please send your child in waterproof sandals (something like Chacos, Keens, or Tevas) so they can participate in water and athletic activities.
- If your child is more comfortable in a rash guard shirt or if girls would like to bring a swimsuit cover up, please feel free to send them.
- Please send your child in sunscreen. We will have sunscreen and can apply this throughout the day, as needed.
- Please send a labelled bottle of sunscreen with your child. We can also keep the sunscreen with us if your child is attending for multiple weeks, and return it at the end of the summer.
During your online registration, you will be required to sign and submit four release forms: Liability, Medical, Authorized Pick-up, and Photo.
CCS camp participaants must be able to follow basic health and safety rules, including the following:
- Walk with a group (to each activity, lunch, gym, on field trips)
- Follow verbal directions
- Independently complete personal care routines including: Dress and undress by him/herself (for water activties), use the toilet independently, wash/dry hands without assistace
- Perform self-help skills independently: Feed him/herself, move with balance and control to complete simple and large motor tasks to fully participate in the session activities.
At this point, we are not able to accomodate special needs or children who require one-on-one care.
Even though this is not a school situation, we do have rules that must be followed. If your child is causing a problem for the camp staff, the staff member is instructed to send the child to the main office to be removed for an appropriate time from the group. We will make parents aware each time we have discipline issues with a child. Children with discipline issues will be assessed for continuation in our program.
Lunch and Snacks
Please send a lunch with your child every day. We do have the facilities to refrigerate, and we have microwaves to heat up lunches.
We will provide plenty of time to each lunch and hydrate during the day. We will provide a healthy afternoon snack and drink (and most likely, a popsicle!) each day. However, if you feel that your child will require additional snacks, please provide them. We do not prefer to have children use the vending machines to purchase sodas and candy bars, so please do not send money with your child.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
With the exception of Before Camp and After Camp Care, you must join the carpool line in the morning and afternoon. Our campus is very secure throughout the day, and all the exterior doors will be locked. Please enter the half-circle driveway in front of the Lower School and Administration doors. You will receive a camp carpool paper to place in your windshield when you pull up to drop off or pick up. A staff member will be outside helping your child to and from the car. Our staff will be ready to take your child to the proper group. At the end of the day, all children going home at 4:00 PM will be directed to wait in the carpool line.
- If your child is being picked up by someone other than you, please fill out a Pick Up Authorization Form and send it with your child that morning.
- Any child not picked up by the end of carpool (by 4:15 PM) will be sent to After Camp Care, and the parent will be charged for that service.
- Your child must be signed out any time he/she is picked up earlier than 4:00 PM.
We have various camps and events happening on our campus throughout the summer. The main office will be open from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday through Thursday, except for the week of July 4. The Summer Programs department will be available June 6 through July 22 from 7:30 AM to 5:45 PM, Monday through Friday.
Direct Summer Camp Phone: 423.664.1250
Summer Camp Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or concerns throughout the summer. We are praying for a safe and fun summer camp experience.