Spring 2019 Musical: West Side Story
Chattanooga Christian School’s Theatre program offers the opportunity for High School students to audition for our spring musical. Students will learn and improve upon their acting, singing, and dancing skills in the context of preparing to perform this musical on stage for the CCS community in March. CCS Theatre Director, Mary Catherine Schimpf, is the Director and Choreographer, Kara Funke is Music Director, Ellie Austin is Assistant Director, Jamison Shimmel is Production Manager, David Macallister is Set Designer, and Heath Austin is Technical Director.
High School students will make up the majority of the cast.
Middle and Lower School students are invited to audition for roles that cannot be filled by our High School students. This is an excellent opportunity for young performers to learn alongside older students.
The required rehearsal times will match the size of the roles.
If you would like to audition...
1. Please fill out this form.
2. Please prepare for your audition with the materials found here.
If you would like to be involved on a crew...
Please fill out this form.
- November 1: Optional Music Rehearsal for West Side Story Auditions (3:30-4:30 PM in the High School Choir room).
- November 12-15: Auditions (3:30-6:00 PM in the High School Theatre room). Students are required to attend one day of auditions and stay the entire time to sing, dance, and act.
- November 16: Call-backs (3:30-6:00 PM in the High School Theatre room). If necessary, certain students will be invited to call-backs.
- November 19: Read-through (3:30-5:30 PM on stage). All are required to attend.
- November 26-February 14: Rehearsals (Monday through Friday 3:30-5:30 PM on stage). Specific schedule is determined by roles cast.
- February 25-March 6: Dress Rehearsals
- March 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16: Performances