Fall 2018 Musical: James and the Giant Peach, Jr.
Chattanooga Christian School’s Theatre program offers the opportunity for Middle and Lower School students to audition for our fall musical, James and the Giant Peach, Jr. Students will learn and improve upon their acting, singing, and dancing skills in the context of preparing to perform this musical on stage for the CCS community in November. CCS Theatre Director, Mary Catherine Schimpf, is the Director and Choreographer, Kara Funke is Music Director, Ellie Smoak is Assistant Director, Jamison Shimmel is Production Manager, David Macallister is Set Designer, and Heath Austin is Technical Director.
- Middle School students will make up the majority of the cast.
- Lower School students are invited to audition for James and the Giant Peach, Jr. for roles that cannot be filled by our Middle School students, who will receive first priority. This is an excellent opportunity for young performers to learn alongside older students. The required rehearsal time will match the size of the roles.
- Fall athletes are all invited to audition. Roles will be limited to ensemble only.
If you would like to audition...
1. Please fill out this form.
2. Please prepare for your audition with the materials found here. (Please click on the "Audition Central" tab.)
If you would like to be involved on a crew...
Please fill out this form.
August 20: Audition Workshop (3:30–5:00 on stage)
The workshop is open to anyone interested in auditioning. There is no commitment to audition if you attend the workshop. It is meant to be informational and fun! All are welcome.
August 21–23: Auditions (3:30–5:30 in the High School Theatre room)
Students are required to attend one day of auditions and stay the entire time to sing, dance, and act.
August 24: Call-backs (3:30–5:30 in the High School Theatre room)
If necessary, certain students will be invited to call-backs.
August 27: Read-through (3:30–5:30 on stage)
All are required to attend.
August 28–September 28: Regular Rehearsals (Monday–Friday, 3:30–5:30 on stage)
Schedule is determined by roles cast. There is no rehearsal September 3 (Labor Day).
October 2–19: Run-through Rehearsals (Monday–Friday, 3:30–5:30 on stage)
ALL cast members are required to attend ALL rehearsals at this point.
October 5–9: Fall Break (No rehearsal)
October 27–November 6: Dress Rehearsals
3-hour rehearsals all days.
Note: ALL cast members are required to attend ALL rehearsals.
November 7, 9 & 10: Performances