Providing structured care and enrichment opportunities for students before and after school for the benefit of working parents
Extended Care Program
Lower School Extended Care
The Lower School Extended Care Program at CCS is a structured program for PreK to 5th grade with a variety of fun, age-appropriate activities. Our intention is to offer a safe, engaging, and caring afternoon that compliments our students' academic days. Our teaching staff are CPR Certified and First Aid trained, have completed 12+ hours of professional development training each year, and have passed national background checks.
Cost: Maximum of $12.00 a day per student
- Check-out before 4:15 PM (i.e., 3:00–4:15 PM): $6
- Check-out after 4:15 PM (i.e., 4:16–6:00 PM): $12
Upper School Extended Care
A monitored study center is offered to our Upper School students (6th-8th) from 3:45 PM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday. This is a daily drop-in service, and no arrangements need to be made to use the study center. We maintain a quiet environment for students to study the entire afternoon, but still give students the opportunity to interact and/or spend time outside.
Cost: Maximum of $10.00 a day per student
- Check-out before 4:45 PM (i.e., 3:45–4:45 PM): $5
- Check-out after 4:45 PM (i.e., 4:46–6:00 PM): $10
Chattanooga Christian School proudly offers several extended care programs for students who need to be in a supervised environment before or after regular school hours. Each program is designed to be enriching for the student and is comprised of fun, educational activities that encourage further learning.
CCS Extended Care is offered Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM and Wednesday mornings and serves PreK-8th.
- 3:00–3:30: Healthy snack and drink
- 3:30–4:00: Playground time (PreK-1st); homework time (2nd-5th, M/T/Th); games/crafts (2nd-5th, W/F)
- 4:00–4:45: Games and playtime in lunch pavilion (PreK-1st); playground time (2nd-5th)
- 4:45–6:00: Classroom time with game and toys
Before Care Program
On Wednesday mornings, the Faculty attends meetings from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM. This means that school does not begin until 9:00 AM on Wednesdays. We understand that this break in routine can make scheduling difficult for working parents, so we provide Before Care for students (PreK-12th) from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM. This care is complimentary.