Growing in the Arts
- Lauren Boozer attended Tennessee’s Governor’s School for the Arts.
- AP artist Ellie Sikes was selected to collaborate on a piece of artwork with sculptor John McLeod; the piece was auctioned as an initiative by Usher to raise funds for art programs in underserved schools.
- Sydney Ibach placed 3rd in People category in the 2017 Rocky Mtn. School of Photography Contest.
- AP and Honors Art students displayed artwork at AVA Art Gallery including Caroline Kuyrkendall, Ellie Sikes, Margaret Patton, Mimi Carstons, Payton Hayman, Percy Rolleston, Sydney Ibach, and Zoe Shields.
- Twenty-five students received 59 awards for digital and print photographs submitted to Youth Photography Showcase sponsored by Photography Society of America.
- Jennifer Stewart awarded Best in Show for photographic print; Louisa Heald, 7 awards; Mac Topping, 6 awards.
- Fourteen students’ work went to National level and will be exhibited at the Hunter Museum of American Art.
- National winners: Louisa Heald placed 1st for black and white print and 2nd for photojournalism digital; Mac Topping received honorable mention for color print and photojournalism; Laura Ligon, Nathanael Kapp, Madison Herndon, and Emily Jipping received honorable mentions.
- Nathanael Kapp took home "Best of Show Print" and a $200 prize from the Youth Photography Showcase, sponsored by the Photographic Society of America. Nathanael's photograph was exhibited in the print exhibit hall at the 2016 San Antonio, Texas, Photography Society of America Conference, Sept. 10-17, 2016. It will also be shown at a Youth showcase program during the PSA Conference.
- Holly Schumpert won 1st place in the Architecture category at the Youth Photography Showcase, along with an honorable mention for Stephanie Van Horn
- Stephanie Van Horn won 3rd place in the People/Animals category at the Youth Photography Showcase, along with an honorable mention for KP Vannoy
- McKenzie Topping won 1st place in the Landscape category at the Youth Photography Showcase, Holly Schumpert received an honorable mention
- Stephanie Van Horn won 2nd place in the Photojournalism category at the Youth Photography Showcase. McKenzie Topping, Sydney Ibach, honorable mention
- Stephanie Van Horn won 1st place at the Youth Photography showcase under the Photographer's Choice, Color category, KP Vannoy took home 2nd place in the Monochrome category. Blakely Shuptrine, Victoria Johnson, and Stephanie Van Horn, honorable mention
- The following art students were juried into the Youth Art Gallery at Palette2Palette art weekend event in Chattanooga: KP Vannoy, Stephanie Van Horn, Brooke Berry, Blakely Shuptrine, Meredith Doux, Ellie Sikes, Ashley Adams, Solomon Pirschel, Payton Hayman, Mimi Carstens, and Lizzy Hoffecker. Honorable Mention was awarded to Percy Rolleston
- Victoria Johnson was awarded 1st place and a $200 prize at the Church on Main sponsored Digital Photography Competition
- Photographs by Laura Ligon, KP Vannoy, and Brooke Berry were juried in and displayed at the Church on Main sponsored Digital Photography Competition
- Matilda Green takes 1st place at regional middle school art competition
- Lauren Leutwiler is honored by CityScope magazine as an “Inspirational Educator”
- "Fog" by Madi Huston and "The Jump" by Sydney Ibach were juried in New York and accepted to be exhibited at the Photographic Society of America Conference in West Yellowstone, Sept. 27–Oct. 2, 2015.
- Twelve photography students had their work on exhibit at The Hunter Museum of American Art during August.
- Middle School art students win 1st place for regional Art Car competition
- Faith Duble-Russell photograph with embroidery artwork awarded Honorable Mention in Youth Art Gallery area high school art competition of the Palate 2 Palette exhibit
- AP Studio Art students, Michelle Hanks and Faith Duble-Russell selected for the 2015 Young TN Artists exhibit at The Frist Art Museum in Nashville TN (a statewide AP art competition) and also featured in the Tennessee Arts Magazine Feb 2015 edition
- All AP students achieved highest possible scores by the certified AP board
- Matthew Cook has an artwork featured on the AP Studio Art poster for 2012–2013 which includes art from the top 24 high school art students in the nation; this is the last AP poster printed as College Board now uses a brochure and directs teachers and students to AP website for featured student artworks
- Tennessee ETVA All East High School Choirs: Freshmen Honor Choir: Sophie Hassevoort, Kenzie Jenkins, Elisha LaRose, Kaiden LaRose, Caroline Nash, and Carley SMoot; Women’s Chorus: Caroline Morris, Grace Morrison, and Anna Nash; Mixed Chorus: Marcus Knight, Dominique Odens, and Jack Roden.
- Tennessee ETVA All East Middle School Honors Chorus: Abby Alston, Madi Clower, Anna Jipping, Jenna Lusk, Jessie Claire McGinty, Anna Kate Paris, Hayley Plaster, Zach Weisel, and Mason LaRose.
- CCS Choral Ensemble earned Superior ratings at JB Lyle Regional and ACDA State Choral Festivals
- Tennessee All East and All State High School Chorus: Alex Byars, Maria Dassow, Chandler Featherston, Anne Miller, Caroline Morris, Dominique Odens, and Matthew Taylor
- Tennessee All East Middle School Honors Chorus: Cade Lowrance, Kaiden LaRose, Elisha LaRose, Jay Yates, Kenzie Smith, Annie Rolleston, Jenna Miller, Grancen Landry, AJ Johnson, Holly Jennings, Sophie Hassevoort, and Rurie Brandt
- Seventh grade singers earned all Superior ratings at ETVA Middle School Choral Festival
- February 2016 - CCS Choral Ensemble earned a Superior rating at the regional JB Lyle Choral Festival
- March 2016 - CCS 7th/8th Grade Concert Choir earned a Superior rating at the East Tennessee Middle School Choral Festival
- April 2016 - CCS Choral Ensemble earned a Superior rating at the Tennessee State Choral Festival in Knoxville, TN
- April 2016 - Carter Helm, Matthew Taylor, and Chandler Featherston earn the honor to sing at Tennessee All State Chorus
- August 2016 - CCS Choral Ensemble sang the Star Spangled Banner for the Grand Opening Ceremony for the St Elmo Food City Grocery Store
- November 2016 - Chandler Featherston, Matthew Day, Alex Byars, Maria Dassow, Anne Miller, Caroline Morris, and Dominique Odens auditioned for and sang at the East Tennessee All East Choral Performance
- Will Miller earns the highest ratings for all Bass II singers for All State Chorus in East Tennessee
- Heath Austin, Will Miller, and Maddie Franklin qualify to sing at Tennessee All State Chorus
- Choral Ensemble and Ladies Chorus earn Superior ratings at regional JB Lyle Choral Festival
- Both choirs earn high ratings at the State Choral Festival in Nashville
- Mark Davis and Meara Whiteley qualify and sing at Tennessee All State Chorus
- Choral Ensemble earn Superior ratings at regional JB Lyle Choral Festival
- Choral Ensemble earn high ratings at the State Choral Festival in Nashville