The Chattanooga Christian School application process begins with each prospective student going through the admissions checklist as outlined below. You may begin applying on September 1 for the following school year. Applications are due by January 31. We will continue to receive applications after this date as long as there is space available. Notifications will be mailed on March 1.
When applying to Chattanooga Christian School, we require the last three (3) years of grades and test scores, a current teacher recommendation, a pastor recommendation, and a placement assessment (grades 6-10). We are a distinctly Christian school providing a quality educational program from a biblical perspective for children of Christian families, so we require that at least one parent or guardian has a profession of faith in Jesus Christ and be in regular attendance at a local Christian church.
If you are applying for Financial Aid, the application process begins on September 1, and the deadline is January 31. Award notifications will be mailed on March 1 with the Admissions notifications.
Admission Checklist (PreK - 12)
1. Create an Account: Choose the “Create an Account” option on our Online Application page to create an account on our admission system.
2. Login to Online Application: Use the login information you just created to login to the Application system.
3. Complete the Application:
- The application does not have to be completed in one sitting. The system will save your progress and allow you to complete the application as you wish.
- Required Pastor Recommendation: Within the application, enter the email address for the pastor of the church where you regularly attend, and the Pastor Recommendation Form will be automatically sent to the email address you submit.
- Required Current Teacher Recommendation: Within the application, enter the most recent teacher's email address, and the Teacher Recommendation Form will be automatically sent to the email address you submit. (This is not required for PreK or Kindergarten.)
- Complete the application and submit by paying a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $100 by credit card.
4. Request Records: You can use this form to make your request for all records from your student’s current school. Records should be sent to CCS via email to email@example.com or fax at 423-756-4044.
- Grades and test scores for the last three (3) years
- Exceptional education records
- Additional records, as needed (i.e., discipline records, eligibility report)
5. Parents Attend a Core Distinctives Seminar: After the application is submitted and all required documents are received by the Office of Admissions, we will schedule your seminar. This is a small group meeting with CCS President, Chad Dirkse, or a Head of School.
6. Student Interview (Grades 6-12 only): Student interviews are conducted by the Upper School Guidance staff and are scheduled through the Office of Admissions.
7. Student Placement Assessment (Grades 6-10 only): Students will take a placement assessment after they have applied to determine placement in honors or regular classes. This is not an entrance exam.
8. Admissions Committee: After the application is submitted and all required documents are received by the Office of Admissions, your student’s file will be taken to the Admissions Committee for evaluation. We will mail notifications on March 1.
9. Enrollment: After receiving acceptance notification, parents will be provided an enrollment package to complete online. The Financial Agreement and a non-refundable enrollment fee of $185 is required to hold your child’s place.
9. Assessment and Evaluation (PreK & Kindergarten): After your student is enrolled, he or she will take the PreK or Kindergarten readiness assessment. The Office of Admissions will contact you in the spring to schedule your assessment.
Visiting Campus: Preview Days
Preview Days provide parents with more information about our school and a chance to experience our school community. You can sign up for these and other events on our Visit CCS page.
Maintaining the privacy of your family's personal information is important to us. We are committed to taking appropriate measures to maintain the privacy of information you submit to CCS. We do not sell this information or share it with anyone else unless authorized by you or required by law. Only those CCS employees and consultants who need it to perform their job responsibilities are authorized to have access to your information that you provide.
By continuing with the online application process and signing the application electronically, you represent to CCS that the information is furnished by you and is accurate and authorize CCS and its employees and consultants to use the information and rely on the information to process your application.
Chattanooga Christian School reserves the right to require more information through documentation and/or a parent meeting to adequately serve the needs of the student.